Serious Baseball

8/12/2004

Correction on "Sheets or Schmidt?"

For those of you that read my "Sheets or Schmidt?" article, I apologize for an error that I made in my calculations.

The end result of the article--that Sheets is pitching better--remains the same. But now, post-error, he is pitching only a little bit better, because of his ballpark, not because of his ballpark and competition faced.

With the old calculations, Sheets competition had a OBP that was .048 higher than Schmidt's--which would make his competition much better. But it turns out that my error, completely skewed those results and made the competition only seem to be unbalanced. When actually, after the correction, the competition faced was very similar.

I am sorry for this error, but now it is corrected, and the old article with the old numbers no longer exists. The article you currently see entitled "Sheets or Schmidt?" is 100% correct, and error-free.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home